Financing a medical procedure is costly, and even with medical aid, thereâ€™s a good chance youâ€™ll still need partial funding. Rather than dealing with unexpected post-procedure hospital or specialist debt, itâ€™s best to find a medical financing option, like MediFin, as soon as possible.
MediFin allows you to take control of your medical bills, with fixed monthly payment terms to suit your budget. Whether youâ€™re financing the full amount or just a portion, our transparent process ensures no hidden fees and no penalties for early settlement.
How to apply for a MediFin Life-Changing loan
- Consult your doctor and get a quote or apply online using an estimated procedure amount.
- If you are still in the early phases of planning your desired procedure, you can also find a medical practitioner, doctor or dentist, closest to you, on our MediFin partner list.
- Visit our home page to calculateÂ your monthly repayments, over a payment term best suited to your budget. Our free calculator is easy to use and will give you a good indication of your expected monthly instalment.
- Once youâ€™ve checked your expected monthly instalment and have decided to proceed with your application, gather your digital documents and apply online.
You will need:
- Copy of your ID
- Proof of income – most recent salary slip
- Last three monthsâ€™ bank statements
- Proof of residence if different to bank statement, e.g. utility bill
- Once youâ€™ve submitted your online application, we will do a credit and affordability check. Once approved, youâ€™ll receive a quote within an hour. Please note quotes are only valid for 10 days.
- Once youâ€™ve accepted our quote, we will make payment directly to your doctor, dentist or medical practitioner within 24 hours.
MediFin offers competitive interest rates when compared to any bank loan. We donâ€™t require collateral, any private medical information or awkward physical exams. Loans are provided based on credit and affordability only.
There are no penalties for early settlement. Should you wish to pay the loan before the agreed loan term, request a settlement quote and pay the outstanding balance in one full payment.
Â MediFin Gap Cover
Because you never know when an unexpected medical emergency will happen, we highly recommend insuring yourself against co-payments and medical aid shortfalls. Get instant Gap Cover to suit your needs.
MediFinâ€™s Gap Cover Insurance provides cover from as little as R99.87 per month for the shortfall between what a medical practitioner charges and what your medical aid pays, for any in-hospital surgical procedure or specific out-of-hospital surgical procedures.
A comprehensive combination product with multiple benefits built into one policy. It provides Cancer benefits and will significantly enhance your medical scheme cover. From only R339.95 p.m.
The ideal benefit offering to choose if your medical aid has additional co-payments and out-of-pocket deductibles. From only R196.71 p.m.
This option assists with covering the medical expense shortfalls between what your Medical Scheme covers versus the private in-hospital rates, especially for the costs of Specialists and Anaesthetists. From only R99.87 p.m.
Next time youâ€™re facing a significant medical expense or in need of insurance, consider MediFin Financial Services. Click here to view our options.
MEDIFIN IS FULLY COMPLIANT
We are an authorised Financial Services and Registered Credit Provider.
- Authorised Financial Services Provider (FSP46701)
- Registered Credit Provider (NCRCP8071)Â· MFSA number (7196)