How Much Does It Cost To Get Braces?
The cost of an appointment with your Dentist plus a pair of braces can range from R15,000 – R52,000.
Pay with Cash
With Medical Aid
*R 1,601.53 p/m
The amount of time spent wearing braces will vary, depending on the individual patient, because every smile responds differently to a treatment.
Treatment times can take anywhere from six to 30 months, but most standard treatments last about 18 months.
Yes. It’s extremely important you brush after you eat and remove any food stuck in your braces.
Your orthodontist will give you a special flosser that gets in between your braces. You take aligners out when you brush and floss.
There are 5 main types of braces available today:
- Metal braces – from R 18,000
- Ceramic braces – from R 30,000
- Self-ligating braces – from R 30,000
- Lingual braces – from R 48,000
- Clear aligners – from R 50,000
Braces do not often hurt, though you may feel a small amount of discomfort for a couple days as your teeth, gums, cheeks, and mouth get used to your new braces.
To help your teeth stay in their new position, you’ll need to wear a retainer. That’s a plastic plate with a wire that goes across the top or bottom teeth.
At first, you’ll wear a retainer around the clock, taking it out every time you eat. After a while, you’ll only need to wear it at night while you sleep.
Medical loans for braces will help you focus more on your health while avoiding the stress associated with medical aid approvals. MediFin medical loans provide you with countless benefits as loans are available from as little as R1,000 up to R150,000. Other benefits include the following:
- Instant pre-approval
- Loans are paid out to dentists within 24 hours
- You can receive funds for root canals, braces or teeth whitening much faster than waiting for medical aid approval
- Medical loans do not require you to have collateral or pay any form of deposit
- Medical loans offer more financing options than credit cards
- You can use the medical loan to pay for other related expenses