Medical Loans For Dental Surgery
For patients without medical aid, and even those who have partial or comprehensive cover and even GAP cover, dental surgery for root canals and teeth whitening are often out of reach. Very few medical aids and GAP cover include dental surgery, especially root canals and other cosmetic procedures, but there is something you can do to help.
Dentists can rest easy knowing that MediFin can bridge the gap with affordable medical loans for all types of procedures. Fact is, medical loans are becoming increasingly popular in the healthcare industry providing hope to many patients.
By now, dentists in South Africa know the rising costs and limitations of medical aids in terms of dentistry work. And while the financial implications are one thing, educating patients about best oral health practices also forms part of being a dentist.
Educating Patients On Good Oral Health
We don’t have to tell you the importance of good oral health but perhaps some of your patients may need a refresher. Here are some tips you can share with your patients at their next visit:
- Use soft or extra-soft bristle toothbrush to prevent gum damage
- Brush thoroughly at least twice a day, especially before bedtime, and for at least two minutes
- Apply gentle pressure and don’t brush too much as it can actually damage gums
- Replace toothbrushes every three to six months
- When the bristles start flaring, it’s time to replace the toothbrush or an indication that they may be brushing too hard
- Remind patients to brush their tongue as it removes bacteria from the oral cavity
- Floss at least once a day and follow the curves of the teeth
- Use toothpaste and dental care products with fluoride
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacks
Promoting Regular Dentist Visits
There’s no denying that many people don’t like visiting dentists but they need to understand the importance of regular dental check-ups. Not only does it improve their overall health by identifying issues early on but it can also deter the spread of oral diseases.
Patients should make an appointment especially if they are experiencing a toothache, pain in the gums or bad breath. While tooth decay can be stopped or managed if it is caught in time, successful treatment is made easier with regular check-ups. Asking patients the right questions will also help you deliver the best possible care and oral hygiene advice.
”If a patient cannot clean his teeth, no dentist can do it for him.- Martin H. Fischer (1879-1962)
How Do Medical Loans Work For Dental Surgery?
Medical loans are effectively personal loans designed for elective procedures, including dental surgery. Patients are provided with affordable dental financing to cover their medical bills, especially if they don’t have medical aid or they are not covered for certain procedures.
What makes medical loans different from bank loans is the quick online application process and that the loan provider pays the medical practitioner directly to speed up the process. Patients don’t have to wait for long periods of time to get approval for their dental procedure.
Affordable Medical Loans For Dental Surgery
MediFin is an independent, fully compliant and self-funded authorised Financial Services and Registered Credit Provider. They provide patients with affordable medical loans to finance medical procedures from registered South African doctors and medical professionals or other healthcare practitioners. The funds can be used to cover the full, or partial, procedure cost and any associated medical expenses.
Patients can apply for medical financing through MediFin by simply filling in an online form and providing a few details. Loan approval is almost instant and patients can receive it while waiting at your dental practice. Patients can easily apply for financing with MediFin by following these simple instructions on the website.
What Are The Benefits To Patients?
Offering medical loans for dental surgery will help your patients focus more on their health while avoiding the stress associated with medical aid approvals. MediFin medical loans provide patients with countless benefits as loans are available from as little as R1,000 up to R150,000. Other benefits include the following:
- Instant pre-approval
- Loans are paid out to dentists within 24 hours
- Patients can receive funds for root canals, braces or teeth whitening much faster than waiting for medical aid approval
- Medical loans do not require patients to have collateral or pay any form of deposit
- Medical loans offer more financing options than credit cards
- Patients can use the medical loan to pay for other related expenses
Benefits Of Medical Loans For Dentists
Medical financing can help dentists provide patients with affordable payment options when they need it the most. Here is how dentists in South Africa can benefit from offering medical loans:
- Dentists get paid upfront and in full
- No commission, hidden costs or fees to the practitioner
- Help improve general patient care while promoting better patient engagement
- Increased cash flow as more people can now afford root canals and other dental procedures not typically covered by medical aids
Recommended: ‘Reasons To Join The MediFin Partner Network’
Want To Join The MediFin Partner Network?
MediFin believes that partnership is the only way to a successful business relationship and for that reason, you can join their partner network free of charge. They already have thousands of healthcare providers including dentists such as Aesthetic Dental Institute Inc, Bright Smile Dental Care, Cape Dental and CityMed Day Hospital among others.
Join the MediFin Partner Network by completing this form and start making a difference in your patients’ lives today. Get in touch with MediFin for additional information or to learn more about MediFin Insurance.